May 6, 2011

sunblock testing, episode 1.

have decided to review sunblocks and SPFs. fell for some shiny packaging and a freebie at Sephora because i'm always on the hunt for newer, better, less chemically ways to not fry like an egg. tested these each on my semi daily trek with violet the dog. she taste-tested this one and seemed pleased.


why do you need a sunscreen towelette? dunno.

feels like:
.... a nice lotion when you smooth it on.
.... you dipped your hands in flour about 30 minutes later.



bonus points for the following:
Smells clean - not like a coconut or a beach or a fruit.
paraben and fragrance free, good for my sensitive epithelials.
no animal testing.
packaging: *because 1st impressions and fonts are important, people!
this is pretty, simple, straighforward & yellow. pleasant.

demerits for the following:
not even close to sweat proof.
why, towelette, why?
lots of leftover lotion in the packet. boo and fail.
cost - $34 plus shipping for 21 wee towelettes. @#$!?
are you fresh out of your mind? that's nigh to $1.34 per wee towelette. foolish.

i pity the fool that buys Dr. T's Supergoop.


3 comments:

  1. I will be following this closely. Pasty white runs in my family. We go through a lot of sunscreen, and I am yet to find one that is all natural that works and doesn't feel completely disgusting on my skin. If you find one, I'm all for a chemical-free option!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also...towelettes? Stupid idea. I need A LOT of sunscreen to keep my skin from looking like tomato skin. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i mean seriously. do i need more stuff to throw away?

    ReplyDelete